5 Q&A tips for Waxing
An Interview with Laura V. Cobos, a Student of Esthetic & Cosmetology
Wax Hair Removal
1. What to consider before choosing this depilatory method?
“I recommend to consult a dermatologist if you have acne, sesitive skin, or any type of skin complications.”
2. What should I do before getting a wax hair removal treatment?
“It’s recommended to exfoliate the skin zone where the hair removal treatment will occur.”
3. When do I need to exfoliate the zone where the treatment will occur?
“I advise people to exfoliate the skin 24 hours before the treatment.”
4. Why should I exfoliate the skin?
“Exfoliate the skin to cleanse and avoid infections that colud lead to folliculitis. Exfoliating the skin also provides smoother skin and better results.”
5. What should I do after the depilatory treatment?
“After the depilatory wax hair removal treatment, I recommend to
- Moisturize the skin.
- Apply sun screen 2-3 times a day.
- Avoid extensive sun exposure.
- Avoid perfumes or products that contain alcohol.
- Avoid foamy soaps.”